This Mexican style plate has a lot of high quality protein, some good complex carbs, and explosive flavor!
Write a review
- 2 Whole eggs
- 2 Egg whites
- 1/4 Cup of black beans
- 3 - 4 table spoons of Salsa
- 1 low carb whole wheat tortilla
- Less than tbs of Olive oil or Coconut oil
- (Optional): Chicken, Cheese, Hot sauce, Spinach, Avocado, Milk(to mix in eggs)
- - Mix eggs in bowl and pour into lightly oiled pan over stove on medium/low heat.
- - On a separate pan(medium to high heat) lay the tortilla. (flip every minute or so until you get desired soft/crisp. More time/heat = more crispy)
- - As the eggs start to finish cooking mix them up and add in 1/4 cup black beans, salsa, and any of the optional ingredients.
- - Place finished tortilla on a plate and the eggs, bean, salsa mixture on top.
- - Enjoy!
- This great recipe can be eaten as a delicious breakfast, post workout meal, lunch, or dinner (pretty much any time). It delivers a great source of fiber and 30 grams of protein even without the chicken! Coming in at just under 350 calories (depending on your tortilla. I use "Flat Out") this healthy meal choice will fill you up with quality nutrition and energy!
Dakota Life Fitness https://dakotalifefitness.com/