Mexican Style Omelet
Looking for something with a tasty kick, a high amount of quality protein, and a filling serving of vegetables? Then this is what you need! With its nutrient filled ingredients and a slight spice, you’ll be sure to love this healthy mixture!
Write a review
- 5 Egg whites and 1 whole egg
- 1/4 Bell pepper
- 5 cut Mushrooms
- 2 oz Turkey sausage
- Hand full of Spinach
- 1/4 Avocado
- 2 tbsp Salsa
- 1/4 cup low fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Optional: 1 tsp hot sauce
- Wash and cut up 1⁄4 of the bell pepper it into small pieces Lightly grease pan and place over low heat
- Place mushrooms and peppers on the pan
- Crack open 5 eggs into a bowl (separating the yolks. Only the whites are
- used). Then add one whole egg to the bowl.
- Beat eggs in bowl
- Pour eggs into the pan on the stove
- Add in the cooked sausage to the eggs in the pan
- Pour on the cheese so it evenly covers the eggs, then do the same with the
- Once it is cooked enough to get a spatula under the eggs with out them
- tearing, fold the omelet in half to make a half moon shape. Slightly reduce heat and after a minute or two, flip the omelet and let it finish cooking for another minute.
- Place on the omelet on a plate, and top it off with sliced hot sauce (optional), avocado, and salsa. Now it is ready to serve, but you may want to let it cool off for a minute or so.
- Tip: The hot sauce will act as a thermogenic meaning it will slightly increase the bodies temperature to increase calories burned.
Dakota Life Fitness https://dakotalifefitness.com/